Per-question reading text hack in Quizport

Per-question reading text hack in Quizport

by Deborah Delin -
Number of replies: 4
Hi Gordon

Here I am again with another conundrum. I have a Jquiz which I created using the per-question reading text hack (enclose the text in the question in this code:
<div style="display: none;" class="HiddenReading"></div> and each question displays with a separate reading text). Quizport doesn't like the hack and displays the first question reading text with every question, and shoves in the subsequent reading texts at the bottom of the page. The quiz behaves as it should in Hotpot Module. Here's the link to it in Quizport:

http://ddenglish.edumoot.com/mod/quizport/view.php?tab=preview&unumber=-1&quizid=2262&qnumber=-1&columnlistid=conditions&columnlisttype=quiz&sesskey=HcZHcQVBDt

Is there something I can do to get the quiz to work in Quizport? I just played with this for the first time yesterday and thought it very useful and was hoping to use it in future quizzes.

Thanks so much.

Deborah
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Deborah Delin

Re: Per-question reading text hack in Quizport

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Thanks for the link, Deborah
I will have a look
Gordon
In reply to Gordon Bateson

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
I see. Looks like I changed the way this works.
I'd better change it back to how standard HP works
otherwise it will break the quizzes folks have built.

Please give me a day or so to fix it up.

thanks
Gordon

by Gordon Bateson -
Hi Deborah,

I had another look at problem and realized why I had tried to change the per-question readings.

If you view the Hot Potatoes quiz directly from the html file, or via the HotPot module, you can forward through the questions in your quiz 1, 2, ... 6, and the readings display as required: different reading for each question - great!

But now try going back 6, 5, ... 1. The reading for the 1st question is gone. What's more, and you can't get it back surprise

I don't think this is what most people want - at least it is not what the teachers at my school wanted - so I tried to program QuizPort to change this behavior and make sure the reading for the 1st question is always displayed, no matter how one navigates back and forth through the questions.

It seems I botched the programming on my first attempt, but I have fixed it up properly now and the new functionality is available in the latest QuizPort download.

The issue you raised about JMix Hints is also fixed.

thanks for bringing this issue to my attention
Gordon

by Deborah Delin -
Thanks Gordon! The way the per question reading quiz functions now is just purrrrrfect! And the hints look good too.

Deborah