Any ideas on how to post colour coded comments into gradebook.

Any ideas on how to post colour coded comments into gradebook.

by Steve van Ommen -
Number of replies: 2

There's the comment inline feature of course, but I've run into problems with this.

Also, you have to highlight each piece of text and choose the colour from the palette each time - which can be very time consuming when you have a lot to do. There's a recommendation to fix this  at MDL-7373. - its got my vote. Also there was a post from Sharon Goodson  about this..

In Word, you can use the paint formatter to quickly swab multiple pieces of text with the chosen colour, but I gather its not easy to import Word as html code.

Has anyone found a workable solution? Again please vote for MDL-7373!

Cheers

In reply to Steve van Ommen

Re: Any ideas on how to post colour coded comments into gradebook.

by Elena Ivanova -
Just wanted to say that this is nice idea. I see a lot of users highlighting their inline comments in the Assignments. (You are talking about assignments Steve, correct? Not about the gradebook?)
In reply to Elena Ivanova

Re: Any ideas on how to post colour coded comments into gradebook.

by Steve van Ommen -
Hi Elena
yes that's right: inline comments for assignments.

Actually I've found I can paste certain formatting in from Word, but the problem is that it doesn't save in the grading popup when I press the 'save all my feedback' button (I have pressed the 'save changes' within the popup too). This actually seems to be a major problem with the popup - I've had problems with it here and reported serious marks discrepancies at MDL-19623.
It looks like they'll be fixing it in 2.0