A sideblock for showing weekly schedule

A sideblock for showing weekly schedule

by Audun Hauge -
Number of replies: 1
I assume I'm not alone in using moodle in a secondary school where the students (pupils) have ordinary 'face to face' lessons with teachers. We use moodle to give the pupils a web-based gateway to the lessons given in class. Some assignements are given on moodle, some as normal clasrom-assignments. Because all our teachers have a fixed weekly schedule, I've added a sideblock that shows the sched for each teacher and for each pupil. It looks something like this:
Week 38.

Mo
Tu
We
Th
Fr
Eng

Eng

Eng

Che
Eng
Bio

Mat
Che

Bio

Mat

Fys

Fys
Fys
Eng

Fys

Eng

All the subject names are links to the course for this subject. Any tests given in a subject (outside moodle) are marked in the sched for each pupil (Bio). A teacher can edit the sched for his courses. Any changes will show up in the sched shown to pupils. You can search for the sched for a teacher or pupil (nice if you need to find someone ... ).
Teachers can also show a sched for rooms (find a free room).
I've written the block somewhat after the martian guidlines, but it needs more work before others can use it, so ... of any interest?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Audun Hauge

Re: A sideblock for showing weekly schedule

by W Page -
Hi Audun!

Please post the code when you have completed it.  It is always good to have options and flexibility.  I am sure there are other Moodlers who need the functionality your block provides.

Also keep your eye on The following  thread.

Where to find blocks?

Some folks are working on a Blocks Repository for Moodle.

WP1