Two Essays on the same page in Quiz - second one has no editing buttons

Two Essays on the same page in Quiz - second one has no editing buttons

by Debora Weber-Wulff -
Number of replies: 2
Hi,

we're using Moodle 1.9.4+ (Build: 20090318)

I made a quiz that has two questions (that have to do with each other) that were put on the same page. They are both essay questions. Only the first one gets the smart editor buttons - the second one just has a box. If I put in a page break, then both have their own editing controls...

And when can we please have a format for code that doesn't get interpreted like HTML? Anytime they use < or > the editor eats their code - or worse, if the answer is PHP, then it sometimes even executes the code!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Debora Weber-Wulff

Re: Two Essays on the same page in Quiz - second one has no editing buttons

by Edward Beckmann -
Deborah

I don't have an answer but have just come across the same problem (Moodle 1.9.4+ (Build: 20090325)) so am a bit reassured that it is not me! I'll file a bug if I cannot see anyone having cured the problem, but I am slightly reassured that you can workaround by having a page break.

For info
I'm looking to use quiz as a sort of worksheet with a lot of text boxes, that students will complete and revise over a period of time. I have multi-choice questions every now and then for them to mark how far they have got, and these are the only questions to carry a grade. Thus at a glance in their gradebook students can see their progress, until they have marked them as '100% complete'.

Also working on a project to lift the text answers from these worksheets and stick them all together to form a longer project.

Regards

Ed
In reply to Edward Beckmann

Re: Two Essays on the same page in Quiz - second one has no editing buttons

by Elena Ivanova -
Hi,
It is actually diabled on purpose in quzzes. When you load more than three instances of the HTML editor on a page, it causes browser (mostly IE) to fail in one way or another.
Instructors are advised to set essay quizzes to 1 question per page, to encourage students to concentrate on one thing at a time, avoid browser issues, and force frequent save of user responses. ( text editor will lshow up then on every essay question) smile