Inserting a quiz link into the html editor

Inserting a quiz link into the html editor

by Jim Henion -
Number of replies: 3

I have created a quiz on a course topics page.  On this same page, I have created an html page which includes links to some training resources.  On the html page with the resources, I have also created a link to the quiz mentioned above.

My problem is... I want students to access the quiz ONLY from the html page, NOT from the course topics page. 

When the quiz is activated on the course page it can be accessed from BOTH the course page and the html page.  However, when I hide the quiz on the course topics page, it does NOT work from the html page.

Is there a way to hide the quiz on the course page, and still have it accessible from the html page?

Jim H

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jim Henion

Re: Inserting a quiz link into the html editor

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Go to your course admin block >course settings and add an extra topic at the bottom of all your other topics. Move your quiz into there. Get the url of the quiz (the one you were going to link to) and make your link as you would have done before. Then go to course settings and change the number of the topics back to what it was before. The link will work but will not be visible on the page as you have set the topic number to one topic fewer than where the quiz is. It's a variation on this, in fact:
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Toan Tran -
Hi all,
I have a similar need to link to a quiz from a resource module. While this method works, the links will break when you clone the course. Is there a way or trick to link to a specific quiz that will persist through cloning?

Thanks
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Donald Jordan -

Does this automatically link the student's userID to their attempt at the quiz? I've been working to do this so that one "page" in Moodle is the "QUIZ PORTAL" with links to certain quizzes. I'm not sure where to find what I should link to the HTML text on that page that will take a student to the quiz and then give her the corresponding grade.  Does this question make sense?