email addresses

email addresses

by Paul Egan -
Number of replies: 3

Hello,

How do I stop students from seeing other participants email addresses? - There must be an obvious solution but I've looked at everything that I can think of including the list of permissions....
Thanks,

Paul

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Paul Egan

Re: email addresses

by Art Lader -
Hi, Paul,

There must be an SQL query that will set all students' email display in their profiles to "hide my email address from everyone." Or maybe a little tweaking of the profile form to make that the only choice. In a hidden field, maybe?

Just some thoughts...

-- Art
Attachment hide-email-in-profile.jpg
In reply to Art Lader

by ben reynolds -
You can do this with a flat file, a .csv file that you upload. Read the documentation here.

And beware:

Updating existing accounts

By default Moodle assumes that you will be creating new user accounts, and skips records where the username matches an existing account. However, if you set "Update existing accounts" to Yes, the existing user account will be updated.

When updating existing accounts you can change usernames as well. Set "Allow renames" to Yes and include in your file a field called oldusername.

Warning: any errors updating existing accounts can affect your users badly. Be careful when using the options to update.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to ben reynolds

by Paul Egan -
Thanks Art and Ben.....I'l take particular note of the warning!

Paul