Hardware requirement for 150 simultaneous users

Hardware requirement for 150 simultaneous users

by Khoa Dinh -
Number of replies: 2

Hi all!

My system includes 2 servers (moodle+apache+php) which will be load balancing, one is used for database, the last is used for NAT, yet users enforce install flash so that loading DB from server. With the above reasons how i have to do. Please help me! Thanks in advance.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Khoa Dinh

Re: Hardware requirement for 150 simultaneous users

by Visvanath Ratnaweera -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
> My system includes 2 servers (moodle+apache+php) which will be load balancing, one is used for database, the last is used for NAT

So you have altogether three machines?

> users enforce install flash so that loading DB from server. With the above reasons

I don't understand. Do you mean teachers upload videos in flash format? If so, wenn users view them on-line, the films are served directly from the storage of the server, no database involved. The storage could be a local harddisk or a network "drive". That of course consume bandwidth from the server but the CPU needed to decode comes from the browser and flash-plugin within the client computer.
In reply to Visvanath Ratnaweera

Re: Hardware requirement for 150 simultaneous users

by Khoa Dinh -

Thanks for your reply, Visvanath Ratnaweera!

You are right, when I test my system by 60 simultaneous users so that I see the CPU is consumed up to 95%. It made me anxiously about that. In my case, teachers can also upload videos in flash. Yet following thing that i read on moodle web. The moodle system will normally be consumed more than the CPU. I expect the help from you. Thanks a lot.