Can I count the number of activities the students have done?

Can I count the number of activities the students have done?

by Francesc Delis -
Number of replies: 4
Hi everybody.

I want to count the number of activities the students do. I would like that the grade of one of the categories I have in my course was the average of the grade of every element rated from 0 to 10. If this average was higher than 5, the student will be OK. But, and this is the question, I woud like that if the student only delivers a few assigments, for exemple only delivers 60% of them, but the average was higher than 5, the student do not pass the course. So, I need to count the activities. Is it possible in moodle in any way? Now I just have been counting the number of the activities delivered by the students or using spreadsheet softwares to edit the grades exported from moodle. Has anybody the same problem? Any piece of advice?

Thank you very much
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Francesc Delis

Re: Can I count the number of activities the students have done?

by Stefan Eberhard -
This would be an useful feature!
I agree with Francesc as I want to know wether students fulfilled my required number of quiz-attempts and exercises.
In reply to Francesc Delis

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
You can probably do this by adding a custom column to the gradebook, and setting it up to use a suitable calculation.

We really need an IF(...) funciton, but until that is implemented, you can do something like MIN(1, 1000*col1) to get something that is 0 if the assignment has not been submitted, or 1 if it has.
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Luis de Vasconcelos -

How do you create a "hidden custom column in the gradebook" that Tim described above (and in MDL-18834)?

In reply to Luis de Vasconcelos

by Luis de Vasconcelos -

Silly me...

1. In the Course click Grades in the Settings block.
  2. Select Simple View.
  3. Click Add Grade Item button.
  4. Capture the details and save the grade item.
  5. Click the Hide icon in the Simple view.

smile