Uploading Assignments so everyone can view them

Uploading Assignments so everyone can view them

by Laura Brunning -
Number of replies: 10
Hi,

Might be using the wrong thing here - but we want our students to be able to upload a document, which will then be displayed and is visible for everyone else to view (so there will be a long list of all the uploaded documents from all students displayed above the file upload box)

At the moment, you can only see the document(s) that you have uploaded yourself.

Is it even possible to do this?

I have gone into Edit Assignment and then override permissions and allowed Students to View, Grade, Submit and Access all Groups (this was suggested as a solution), but it still only shows your own documents.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Cheers, Laura

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Laura Brunning

Re: Uploading Assignments so everyone can view them

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Use a forum - students can upload their work via the browse for attachment button and you can set it to allow ratings.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Laura Brunning -

Hi,

This does work, but it would be easier if all files were in one place (not as attachments in separate replies to a thread).  Might have to use it that way

Cheers

by A. T. Wyatt -
I have created a database activity to hold student work that I wanted to be visible/searchable to the class. In my case, it was photoshop tutorials. They had to add information about the tutorial, including a link, upload the original picture, and then the finished picture after having followed the tutorial.

I assigned the grade in an offline assignment.

Here is a collection of database presets that you might want to use to get started:
http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=127427

atw
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to A. T. Wyatt

by Laura Brunning -
This seems to be what we're looking for - excellent - now I'll see if I can do it!
Cheers, Laura

by Laura Brunning -
Hi,
We are using a database now and are editing the templates. Is there a way of getting rid of the title at the top of the page - can't find a way of doing it

e.g. in the picture, we want to get rid of the "new entry" title (or change it to something else)

Laura

Attachment Moodle_pic.jpg

by Jon Witts -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
You would have to edit the string in your language pack to change that...
In reply to Jon Witts

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
site admin>language>language editing>edit words and phrases>data.php
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Jon Witts -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
+1 for what Mary said - I just didn't go and check the correct file - wink I had to go out to see a play!
In reply to A. T. Wyatt

by Chad Outten -
I agree with ATW - database works for public sharing of assignment. Also works nicely for peer evaluation bcs students can view and review each others' work.
In reply to Chad Outten

by Laura Brunning -
It's great - we are now using it for students to upload entries to a competition - then going to use choice module to allow a poll for the best ones.

Thanks for everyone's advice.

Cheers, Laura