Moving categories in Moodle 2.0

Moving categories in Moodle 2.0

by Mary Cooch -
Number of replies: 4
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
(for the apology if this is in the wrong place - I'm spending summere getting my head around Moodle 2 and so will have lots of questions to ask - please let me know if there's a better place smile )

I wanted to move a category up , using the up arrow and got this message.

Coding error detected, it must be fixed by a programmer: Cannot call moodle_page::set_course after output has been started.

Is that a mistake on my own setup or something not fixed in Moodle 2? I am well aware lots of things are not working properly in Moodle 2; I just need to know if it's my installation or Moodle 2.
I am aware of the google docs by the way (http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pDVzrUsKEBnChh0nn7-FTYA) - I have bookmarked it!smile
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mary Cooch

Re: Moving categories in Moodle 2.0

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
That would be a bug, and my fault. Thanks for finding it.

Please can you report it in the tracker. http://tracker.moodle.org/ (If you are not familiar with it, you might like to read the introduction to the Tracker on Moodle docs.)

You are right that there is a lot unfinished in Moodle 2.0, and so you should expect some things to be broken, and we don't necessarily want every little bug reported right now.

This is definitely the most appropriate forum to posting in.

I guess it is best if you try to focus on the things that are marked as being most nearly complete in the spreadsheet.
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Ok Tim- I have reported it - it was my first time reporting a bug -so I hope I did it right.
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
That looks like a fine bug report.

However, I beat you to it by a few seconds, and fixed the bug before I saw the bug report wink. I think that says something about how engrossing I am finding Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone on TV.

By the way, I just put you in the testers group in the tracker, which lets you do more stuff. (Like control who the bug gets assigned to initially.)
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Mary Cooch -
So I lose my tracker virginity - announce it to the world on twitter and in between times you have fixed it! Don't know whether to be delighted or disappointedsmile