Wishing for a wish-list forum

Re: Wishing for a wish-list forum

by Timothy Takemoto -
Number of replies: 0

The bug tracker has long been a quandry for me.

I am tempted, no I have lost to the temptation, to say that the bugtracker highlights a problem with social constructivism.

As seen on these forums, social constructivism would have us be open. Openness on the part of learners, such as in about who learners are (hence the requirement for self introductions) , openness from teachers, (hence in the requirement for resource descriptions, and the reticence toward activity linking), openness on the part of adminstratros hence the discussion regarding editing posts to forums.

However, learners are like Martin. They have a thousand, thousand things that they would like to improve. Hence they would rather keep that list of things-to-be-done, under control, not have it expand beyond their capability.

Learners often want to remain closed, concealed, to hide their mistakes, to keep their creations away from the socius.

I think that arch social construitivists alike share this tendency to limit openness, perhaps. 
I have long wanted to subscribe to the bugtracker, to see bugs being reported, and cured in real time. I have just found out about the Moodle-cvs mailing list. Recommended.

Tim