Need help with Styles.php

Need help with Styles.php

by Jeffery Watkins -
Number of replies: 6

I am pretty sure I have done this before... but I do not remember how and can't find the theme I did it too.... but....

I want links in sideblocks to be a different color than the links in the course block...

what is the code to do this in the style sheet...

something like...

.courseboxcontent a:link {
    color:red;
}

except that didn't work.... can I have different link colors and how do I do it?

Thanks for answering this dumb question smile

jeff

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jeffery Watkins

Re: Need help with Styles.php

by John Gone -
Hey jeff,
Your code is correct, of course, and yes you can use specific link colors by doing what you've done here. Here is a piece of my code for "categoryname"

.categoryname a:link {
    color: blue;
}
.categoryname a:visited {
    color: orange;
}
.categoryname a:hover{
    color: green;
    text-decoration: none;
}

notice that this is identical to yours and I know mine works therefore...

I know you know what you're doing but are you clearing browser cache to view changes?
In reply to John Gone

by Jeffery Watkins -

I have been htting shift-refrsh... but you know how tempermental computers can be I guess...  I will try again this morning after some coffee.

Thanks John for helping me regain some sanity.

Jeff

by W Page -
Hi Guys,

What about using "WebDeveloper" for FireFox Mozilla.  That should be able to show you what CSS is being used for the links.

Looks like you may have to rename the code in the "Course Links" so they display differently from the other links on the page.  That would involve hacking the "Course" block.  Right??

WP1
In reply to W Page

by Jeffery Watkins -
I use those tools WP they are great.  But, they were not of use here as what I was essentially doing was creating a pseudo class inside the CSS.

But the problem wasn't my coding, it was my local server software which didn't want to read it for some reason.  My regular test server ran it just fine.

Jeff
In reply to John Gone

by Jeffery Watkins -

Hiya John,

I figured it out with your help.  Like I originally said, I thought I had the code right, but it wasn't working.  After you confirmed the code was right I went back and check this morning.... still wasn't working... on my LOCAL server, but sure enough, when I uploaded to my live test server.... BINGO!!!

Thanks again for your help.

Jeff

by N Hansen -
There is a class called sideblocklinks. You need to use that instead perhaps.