transfer quizzes over to new server?

transfer quizzes over to new server?

by N S -
Number of replies: 3

I was running moodle 1.7.6 on my site.  My server got a virus, and moodle stopped working.  I have a new webspace now, and installed moodle 1.9.5 on it.

The only feature of moodle I was using was the quizzes.  How do I move over the quizzes to the new server if they weren't backed up?  Where are they located/stored?

Thanks for any help.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to N S

Re: transfer quizzes over to new server?

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
The quizzes are stored in the database.

You probably need to step up an Moodle 1.7.6 install again, using the old database and Moodledata folder.

Then, backup the courses containing the quizzes using Moodle's backup and restore system. Then restore those backups into your new site.

Moodle backup will let you export either a whole course, of just a single activity, and you can restore the contents of a backup either as a new course, or add the contents into an existing course.

If you have not done it before, I suggest you practice with backup and restore on some test courses.
In reply to Tim Hunt

by N S -

Thanks for the tip.  I'll try that.

How about the users login info and profile pages? Are those stored in the database too? 

In reply to Tim Hunt

by N S -

Thanks again for the help.  I installed 1.7.6 again, and used the old database, I see all the quizzes and all the users.  smile