Need to modify the Login Link

Need to modify the Login Link

by Janani B.S -
Number of replies: 3
Hi,

I would like to change the link of Login in this section You are not logged in. (Login). But I am unable to find where the link is stored. I used firebug and I could track it till Themes but after that I am unsure. Could you please help me to find where LoginInfo class code is or how to change the link?

Thanks.
Cheers,
Jan
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Janani B.S

Re: Need to modify the Login Link

by Chris Potter -
Are you looking to change the text itself? If so, use the Language editor in the administration block on the main page (if you're an admin of course). You should be able to locate the string you're looking for. It's under Language -> Language Editing -> Edit words or phrases... The file to edit is moodle.php (the page could take a while to load... since there are hundreds of strings in that file alone). Once loaded, I would search the page (Ctrl+F) for "You are logged in as"... from there, you can modify the text as you like and click "Save changes: moodle.php"... Done deal. If you have any sort of caching on, it may not appear immediately, so force a refresh (Ctrl+F5).

Hope that helps!
In reply to Chris Potter

by Janani B.S -
Hi Chris,
Thanks but I am not looking for the text, I am looking to change the Login Link. Its now pointing to someother link but I would like to change it to a different link as I have modified the login screen to our home page. So i need this login link also to point to the home page. I am not sure where to change the URL for the link.

Could you please let me know where to modify the link?

Cheers,
Jan

In reply to Janani B.S

by Hubert Chathi -
Site Administration > Users > Authentication > Manage Authentication, and set the "Alternate Login URL" setting?
Average of ratings: Useful (1)