Please integrate Resources into Books...

Please integrate Resources into Books...

by Steven Geggie -
Number of replies: 4
I think it would be excellent to be able to provide attachments, or web page references as part of the book module.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Steven Geggie

Re: Please integrate Resources into Books...

by Przemyslaw Stencel -
You can upload attachments to the "files" area and then link to them from within a book. You can also include links to external sites in the text of a book. Is this what you need or do you have something else in mind?
In reply to Steven Geggie

by Petr Skoda -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
If you want to create book-like course, treat books as chapters.

Example course layout:

section 1
(Resource) Chapter 1 intro - 1 page
(Book) Chapter 1 - 17 pages
(Resource) Attached files nad links
(Quiz) Tests for chapter 1

section 2
(Resource) Chapter 2 intro - 1 page
(Book) Chapter 2 - 15 pages
(Glossary) Some glossary for chapter 2
(Resource) Attached files nad links
(Quiz) Tests for chapter 2

etc.

I do not want to add any new complex features to Book module. It would make it too much complicated for new users sad IMO advanced course creators should use offline tools and SCORM module.

skodak

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Petr Skoda

by Chardelle Busch -
Picture of Core developers
Here is an example of including resources like Prz... mentioned above.  The "tools" links area is a table with the links to all of the extraneous files that are referred to in the book.  The idea being that these resources are available throughout the entire book.  These are files that have been uploaded to the course files and linked to from the html editor.  The nice thing about this is that if you ever backup or restore the course, these links will all be updated automatically.  (I call it the Tools Folder because I also add these links to the topic section as a directory(folder).
Attachment Untitled-2.gif