Making the results of surveys available to students?

Making the results of surveys available to students?

by Peter Ruthven-Stuart -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Plugin developers
How do I make the results of surveys available to students?

I have just installed the 'Questionnaire Module'. Everything seems to work fine. As the administrator I have been able to create and complete a survey, and then see the results.

To make a link to the results within a Moodle course I added a 'link to a file' resource with the following link:
http://hokudai.moodle.com/mod/questionnaire/phpESP/admin/manage.php?where=results&sid=3

However, when I logged in as a student I was able to do the survey, but could not see the results. When clicking on the above link I'd made within Moodle I got the following error:

Incorrect User ID or Password, or your account has been disabled/expired.
Continue

On clicking on 'continue' I am taken back to the top page, but am still logged in as the student.

Of course, if you try to access the above link you will be asked to type in a Username and ID, however in the case of the student he was already logged in but still got the above error message.

I notice that in the phpESP management interface there is an option  called 'Manage Respondent Accounts'. Do I need to add every student to this in order to give them access to the results?

Any suggestions will be most welcome.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Peter Ruthven-Stuart

Re: Making the results of surveys available to students?

by Don Hinkelman -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
I am considering installing the Questionnaire module. Like Peter, I would want students to view the results.

More importantly, I want students to create their own surveys and be able to turn on or off the display of them. Can this module do that? Or is it planned for the future?
In reply to Peter Ruthven-Stuart

Re: Making the results of surveys available to students?

by Mike Churchward -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
In its current state, the Questionnaire module is not very tightly coupled to Moodle. For anyone to access anything but the questionnaire itself, they need to have an identical username (to their Moodle username) in the Questionnaire system, or be an administrator. You would need to give them appropriate privileges to see the results. Its is also best if you set up groups in the phpESP management and assign all users and questionnaires to the groups you want related. Then give the users the privileges: 'Group Editor' and 'Administer Group Respondents' (you may also want to give them 'Export Survey Data').

Its original goal was to provide the ability to solicit survey information for teachers. I can put those features on the list, but I don't know when I'll get to them.

mike