I read the discussion linked to the developements on CONTRIB-238 , but my question is a bit broader and is linked to the fact that I am not clear with how to use calendar module, or may be the face-to-face block is a better answer.
Here are my needs:
I want to be able to make my face to face sessions appear on the calendar as an event. Each calendar item should be defined by the session name or course & location (how can I change the name of the calendar item ?).
I would like to have several views of my face-to-face sessions:
- The administrator view. This role must see all sessions in his calendar, He must be able to view all sessions per course (I guess I can use the course view, or all sessions by teacher (I guess They should login as the teacher).
- The teacher view => teacher must be able to see only sessions they have been assigned to, but they should also be able to see all sessions as the administrator (I was thinking use the global calendar view but I am not sure what is means).
- the student view: a student must be able to see all sessions he is enrolled to.
Moreover, I have plenty of questions:
- how can I setup what events appear on the calendar ? As an administrator, it seems that every single action I do appear on my calendar and this is quite polluting. Indeed, I would like to see only the face to face sessions as a start. Can I do that ?
- If I want to use the face to face block instead of the calendar, the first block 'You can view attendees in the following sessions' is only interesting for teachers. Can I disable it for other roles using roles parameters ? Is it possible to have a 'calendar view' in addition to the table view (or be able to switch from one to the other) ??
I know that this sounds a bit like a Christmas wish-list but I am sure I can fit my needs with Moodle, I am just a bit lost..
Thanks for your help! Sandrine