Moodle documentation: May I use the documents and modify them to suite my University's needs

Moodle documentation: May I use the documents and modify them to suite my University's needs

by Steven Geggie -
Number of replies: 7

I found an excellent student document that I'd like to change to suite my University's needs.  Do I need permission?

The resource was written by Ray Lawrence (Student Guide)

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Steven Geggie

Re: Moodle documentation: May I use the documents and modify them to suite my University's needs

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
If it was in the Exchange then one can normally assume so, but you should always ask the author directly if no licensing information was attached or you have any doubt.
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

Re: Moodle documentation: May I use the documents and modify them to suite my University's needs

by Ray Lawrence -
Steven,

Feel free to alter or add to this as you see fit. I'd appreciate a credit if possible.

If you're looking at the document at the head of the forum posting or in Doc Project this has been updated slightly, you can get an updated version here.

Ray
In reply to Ray Lawrence

by Bryan Williams -
Ray,
I have updated Student_Guide.pdf in the Doc Project course.  Fantastic resource!
In reply to Ray Lawrence

by Steven Geggie -

Ray,

I imported your course to my website....when I access one of your resources, I get the following errors.  Any thoughts or suggestions?

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\WebServ\wwwroot\htdocs\moodle\filter\multilang\filter.php:360) in C:\WebServ\wwwroot\htdocs\moodle\file.php on line 75

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\WebServ\wwwroot\htdocs\moodle\filter\multilang\filter.php:360) in C:\WebServ\wwwroot\htdocs\moodle\file.php on line 76

/>/>/>/>/>/>/>/>
 Preparing for an online course.Skip to main content Next page

Table of Contents

1Student Guide - Introduction
2Entering the course website
3Entering the course
4In the course.
5Basic navigation.
6Topics
7Blocks
8Topic 1 - Course resources
9Topic 2 - Forums and the Text Editor

Student Guide - Introduction

The course assumes that your teacher has confirmed that you have at least a basic knowledge of how to use a computer including using input devices like a mouse and a keyboard. In addition, it is assumed that you are familiar with your web browser and navigating between pages on the internet or an intranet.

In this guide you will be introduced to the basics of participating in an online course. This part of the course is on paper, as you will need to refer to it at the same time as taking notice of what is displayed on screen.

As the course progresses the emphasis will move from this guide to solely online activity. An online version of this guide is available within the course in case you wish to refer to it later in electronic format.

The actual appearance on screen is governed by settings on your own computer and as a result what you see may be slightly different to that shown in the examples.

Please follow the steps in the order shown until you have completed the section on basic navigation.

In reply to Steven Geggie

by Steven Geggie -
it's fixed...I made sure that filter.php did not have any blank lines after the final tag and then I refreshed.  Everything looks good.
In reply to Ray Lawrence

by Steven Geggie -

Ray,

How did you create those resources that look like the "book module?"  They look great.