Moodle installed but error 404 when I try to login

Moodle installed but error 404 when I try to login

by Ann-Marie Gilbert -
Number of replies: 3
I have installed Moodle using Fantastico - reports say install complete.
Using the url for index.php I get this error message:

Not Found

The requested URL /~a1ff09/modldm/index.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache Server at www.lifeanddeathmatters.ca Port 80

When I attempt to login I get Error 404.

As a new user, I hate to be lost before I get out of the starting gates!

Thanks

Ann-Marie
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ann-Marie Gilbert

Re: Moodle installed but error 404 when I try to login

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
The quickest thing is to find your web server logs (if available to you) and see what the error was. It should tell you the directory it thinks it is looking in (and failing).

Other than that it pretty much means what it says. The URL you provided points to a place that doesn't exist. Either your web server is set up wrong, you typed the wrong URL, or Moodle isn't installed where it should be (or where you think it is).

The Additionally... bit is nothing to worry about. Just that the server has been set up badly!
In reply to Ann-Marie Gilbert

by rana saad -

please let me know how u solved this i am new to moodle trying to setup a local webserver and migrate a moode website on it 

In reply to rana saad

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

This post is six years old.  Please start a new post detailing what your problem is and exactly what you have done so far.  (All the steps taken, server details, moodle version etc.)