Problem (maybe) with custom corners theme

Problem (maybe) with custom corners theme

by Tiffany Morgan -
Number of replies: 2
I'm struggling to figure this one out so bear with me please if I sound like I'm rambling smile

When we first installed Moodle I tested a lot of themes. Ultimately we went with the Custom Corners theme for the primary reason as it seemed to extend the topic outline (middle section) all the way flush with the right edge of the header, so long as editing was not turned on. I attached an image of this here.

The other themes seemed to leave space, almost like a placeholder, for potential blocks on the right.

The problem now is that in some courses (all using the same theme) the middle section extended to the right, while others do not. I cannot figure out what content or code in the middle column would be causing this change or what I need to change to make them consistent...

Any ideas?

If this does not appear to be a themes issue please let me know and I'm happy to relocate my question.

Thanks!
Tiff

Attachment extended.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tiffany Morgan

Re: Problem (maybe) with custom corners theme

by Patrick Malley -
Hi Tiffany,

I've seen this happen once on a client theme that didn't use the right column. Can you provide a link to your site for testing, and if not open to the public, can you send me a temporary login and username via private message?
In reply to Patrick Malley

Re: Problem (maybe) with custom corners theme

by Tiffany Morgan -
I found a solution! Not sure of the cause still, but as least now I can fix it when it occurs.

I was creating new courses from a "template" course. The new courses each had a blank spot on the right, while the template extended all the way to the outer edge.

If I create a back up of my template and then create a new course from the restore it works perfect. If I create the new course via importing, then I get the blank spot.

If someone knows why the difference occurs I would love to know, but for know I'm going enjoy just knowing how to fix it smile

Thanks for all the help!