Adding an HTML to a Quizport Chain

Adding an HTML to a Quizport Chain

by Deborah Delin -
Number of replies: 8
Hi Gordon!

I have a file with the htm and jmt/jqz etc. file of each exercise in it, and also an html presentation, in the same file, which I want to include in the Quizport. The Hotpots need the htm files as some of them are customised.

If I add a chain to the Quizport, it wont bring the html into the Quizport. Is there a way of adding the html to the Quizport? Sorry, I don't see it.... I could just ask Quizport to upload the whole file but then I would have to delete one of each pair of files.

Thanks!

Deborah
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Deborah Delin

Re: Adding an HTML to a Quizport Chain

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Hi Deborah,

> I have a file with the htm and jmt/jqz etc. file of each exercise in it
> and also an html presentation, in the same file

Sorry I don't quite understand how you are using the word "file" here.
Do you mean, "I have a folder with several jmt, jqz and html files in it" ?

> If I add a chain to the Quizport, it wont bring the html into the Quizport.

Oh, sounds like something is wrong. For QuizPort to recognize a file as an html file, the file just has to have a name that finishes with ".htm" or ".html".

Could I come and have a look at your site again? And in the meantime, please could you let me know which html file QuizPort is failing to to add?

thanks
Gordon
In reply to Gordon Bateson

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Hi Deborah,

> it wont bring the html into the Quizport

For example, this file?
  • Folder: B_English_Speakers
  • File: B_es_3a_letter_blends_index.html
It is an html file containing a Flash "presentation". It thinks the presentation is in the following file:
  • B_3a_letter_blends.swf
... but actually there is no such file in the "B_English_Speakers" folder, so the file just display a blank white page surprise

However, there is a file called "B_es_3a_letter_blends.swf", so perhaps if you change the <param> and <embed> tags in the "index.html" file, the presentation will display as required.

Similarly, the following html file also refers to a non-existant swf file
  • Folder: B_English_Speakers
  • File: B_es_1a_Writing_index.html
Or are we talking about something else? blush
Gordon

by Deborah Delin -
Thank you for that Gordon.

I am still left with the problem of the presentation coming out only as a third slice of the screen, despite having removed the

<!-- <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> -->

code.

sad What am I doing wrong?

Thanks so much

Deborah

by Gordon Bateson -
Hi Deborah,
please remove the dummy DOCTYPE and set the navigation on the "Updating a QuizPort quiz" page to "None".

that seems to fix it for the "B_es_1a_Writing_index.html" presentation anyway.

all the best
Gordon

by Deborah Delin -
Gordon I sorry, I am not getting this.

From the Edit page I select the "Update this Quizport" button. I get to "Updating Quizport in Topic 1". I don't see a navigation option. Under display I tried selecting new window but even though I clear my cache the presentation is still only a slice. You said it fixed it for B_es_1a_Writing.index.html. You saw it on your computer in large display? Could you possibly look on my site?

And I am afraid I still do not see how to bring in a presentation from outside of the Quizport. In the Edit Quizzes page I see the option to Add More Quizzes, but I don't see how to access the course files. I only see the names of the files in the Quizport.

I am no doubt missing something........blush.

by Gordon Bateson -
Oh sorry, I wasn't clear. "Navigation" is not a unit setting. It is a it quiz setting.

Try this:
  • in the "B1 English Speakers" course, click on the "Unit B1" link to open the "Unit B1" QuizPort
  • click on the "Edit quizzes" tab
  • click the edit icon (little hand holding pen) in the "Edit" (ערוך) column
  • if necessary, click on the "Show Advanced" button in the "Display" section
  • now you can see the "Navigation" setting for this quiz
I am currently logged in to your site and watching "B_es_1a_Writing_index.html" in full screen mode. Looks great! Firefox, IE8 - both seem to work fine.

Here's how to add a presentation to a QuizPort unit that has already been created:
  • on the "Edit quizzes" page, select "Add more quizzes" and click the "Save changes" button
  • the "Adding a new Quiz" page will now be displayed
  • click the "Choose or upload a file ..." button under the text box for the "Source file" setting
  • navigate to the folder containing the presentation file and select the "Choose" link for the presentation file
  • set "Add quiz chain" to "No"
  • if necessary, click the "Show Advanced" button in the "Display section"
  • set navigation to "None"
  • click the "Save changes" button tat the bottom of the page and you will return to the "Edit quizzes" page for the QuizPort unit
hope that helps!
Gordon

by Deborah Delin -
Yes Gordon that sorts out my problems! So easy when you know how!

Thanks so much! I can get going now.

You'll be able to write that documentation in Hebrew by the time you've finished with my questions!big grin

by Gordon Bateson -
> You'll be able to write that documentation in Hebrew

I think I'll need your help with that wink

Glad to hear you making progress again!
Gordon