game module cannot find word

game module cannot find word

by moronke fajobi -
Number of replies: 5
Hi ALL,

I am trying to figure out how the game module works. the gamre module has been installed. i added the module from the add an activity drop dwon list and credited series of quiz to select questions from for the game.

it is to my surprise that hangman, cross word, cryptex and millionaire will not work. once i attempt to play the game i get this message displayed "game Not found any word"
is there something i am doing wrong?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to moronke fajobi

Re: game module cannot find word

by John Andrewartha -
Hi,
You need to create the question banks now, glossary and quiz for the games. Then associate them with the various game activities.
John
In reply to John Andrewartha

by moronke fajobi -
Thanks John, i already created questions which i attached to different quizzes for the prupose of the games. For instance i created a quiz with only short answer questions and associated it to the game hangman.
when i attempted the game i still got the message game hangman not found any word.
same thing i did for crossword game and cryptex game.
i have been able to use the sudoku, millioniare, hidden picture and snakes & ladder games successfully.
but still having problems with hangman, crossword and cryptex games.

by John Andrewartha -
Hi,
Hangman, crossword and crypyex all require a Glossary for the question banks.
You get to the glossary as an activity it's in the drop down.
Once done just associate as required and magic time.
You might like to before your students get going on the activity close the eye on the glossary and make it invisible to them.

John
In reply to John Andrewartha

by moronke fajobi -
Hi John,

Thanks for the information. I was able to get my game module work as expected. Its a very interesting module. Makes moodle so interesting and fun.

I think the documentation for the games module ought to be updated as it still states that hangman, crowssord and cryptex could all work with short answer questions.

Contray to this, the games would only work with glossary!

Re: Re: game module cannot find word

by Vasilis Daloukas -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Hangman, crowssord and cryptex WORK with short answer questions.I tested it before a minute. In the question bank I gave 100% for the correct question.
Please check it again and tell me if you still have problem.