New WIP - Feedback required

New WIP - Feedback required

by Shaun Daubney -
Number of replies: 19
Hi,

Having started playing with Moodle 1.9.5 and noticing my themeset doesn't work well with it so starting from scratch I'm going to build a new one and would like some feedback. See attached image.
Attachment mock.jpg
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Shaun Daubney

Re: New WIP - Feedback required

by John Szkudlapski -

looks great, something I'd really be interested in.

If I can be of any help testing etc, just drop me a mail.

by Chris Delaney -
Nice job Shaun.

I like the row of buttons just below the 'user name'.

I'm assuming the logout button also reads login when appropriate.

Not sure if this is possible, but the turn editing on button would look better above the red menubar, so that all blocks across the top are in line with each other. Just cosmetic.....

One more suggestion - would it be possible to make the new theme a dynamic width, possibly with a minimum width that is wide enough to accommodate the menu bar etc etc.

Chris

by Shaun Daubney -
So far, this is what I have. I know - totally different than my photoshop mock up, but I'm playing at the moment and don't know if I like the profile pic on the left or right. This one is currently 'real', not a mock up, it does work smile
Attachment Picture_4.jpg

by John Szkudlapski -

Personally I think it would look better on the right - I dont konw if that would change with the introduction of the Logo, but I think that it does look an awesome theme in the making.

by Shaun Daubney -
Enough for tonight. So far I have a fully functioning header although if anyone is willing I will need some help with the following...

Adding a variable to the PHP so that users who haven't logged in, see a 'Login' item instead of their name of current items.

Testing on IE5 & IE6

That should be it smile

Thanks guys
Attachment Picture_6.jpg

by John Szkudlapski -
Yeah I can do some testing on IE 6
In reply to John Szkudlapski

by Shaun Daubney -
Thanks, it's nearly ready for testing, well I say nearly... a few more days of rain that stop me going out and doing something better and I may have it wink

Current Progress...

Attachment Picture_11.jpg

by Chris Delaney -
Hi Shaun,

It's looking very tidy!

I use both Firefox and Chrome and would be happy to help with some testing.

Cheers

Chris
In reply to Chris Delaney

by Shaun Daubney -

Thank you. Will give you guys a shout when it's ready for testing. It's just annoying bits I'm tidying up at the moment like everything under the header smile

by Shaun Daubney -

oh forgot to mention... I really NEED someone with some PHP knowledge to help me with the header. Basically, I need to include some code that tells it not to display the options but instead a "login" link when a user is not logged in. But I don't know how to do it sad

by Ravishankar Somasundaram -
Dear Shaun Daubney,

When i saw your mock up i had a wow feeling which is diminishing on seeing the current theme you are proceeding with,

I personally enjoyed every aspect of the mockup, the picture on the left (YES, has a big psychological effect on the users), the sweet icons at the bottom of the image, everything. .

anyways as for the help you requested

if(loggedin($user))

{

echo $onlinelinks_to_content //have your own html stuff here which displays links to contents as shown in the image

}

else

{

echo $menu // have your login link here which allows user to login to the site,

}

by Shaun Daubney -
Ok people it's ready for Alpha testing although still far from finished. First thing it needs is a name. Should I continue with Alternatives? or choose a new one? Reply here.

Want to test it? Click Here to email me.
Attachment Picture_12.jpg

by Connor Kirby -
i have got this theme, the folder is called aardvark_beta, when i got into moodle and login in, i cannot clikc on site administration, it wont let me nor will it let me click most other links, do you know the problem?

Please Help!!!

by Michael Fred -
How can I make the menu work (linking to other resources)? I've edited the menu and linked to a resource such as webpage, but it must be visible in the topic section on the front page to make it accessible via the menu.

If I hide it to make it not visible in the topic section of the front page, then the user (logged in or not) can't access it; the message comes "Sorry, this activity is currently hidden).

There must be a way around this.

BTW - I think this is one of the absolute best themes. I'm very interested to see how it progresses.

by Sam Norman -
Hi there,

Very nice theme, I have installed this on our site however on some administration pages there is a scroll bar showing up. Is there a way to stop this.

I am using Firefox 3.5.3. It seems to work fine on IE7.

Thanks Heaps,

Sam

In reply to Sam Norman

by Sam Norman -
Found the solution on the other Aardvark topic.

by Jorge Sanchez -
nice theme, if need some help just email me, i would like to be part of this!
In reply to Jorge Sanchez

回應: Re: New WIP - Feedback required

by fer yeh -

i am using aardvark_beta_auto_menus,

it's a beautiful theme

but it don't work correctly on ie6.0 && ie7.0