Moodle integration with SchoolTool

Moodle integration with SchoolTool

by Rizwan Ashraf -
Number of replies: 2

Hello All,

I see the value of Moodle integration with SchoolTool (www.schooltool.org)

I was wondering if anyone has success in integration of Moodle with Schooltool (Student Information System - SIS). Or if Moodle and Schooltool integration is in the Moodle Roadmap/projects underway.

Kindly reply with some guidance/information.

Thank you and best regards,

Rizwan Ashraf

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Rizwan Ashraf

Re: Moodle integration with SchoolTool

by Anthony Borrow -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Rizwan - I know the idea of a SchoolTool/Moodle integration came up at the last Moodle Developers meeting but I forget who mentioned it. I believe it was someone associated with OpenSUSE. I have been trying to provide some support for the OpenSIS folks at working toward a Moodle integration but time has kept me from doing as much as I would like. I know that the OpenSIS folks would appreciate any help they can get but am less familiar with SchoolTool. Peace - Anthony
In reply to Rizwan Ashraf

Re: Moodle integration with SchoolTool

by Matt Oquist -
Hi there,

This project is in progress. It's not moving quite as quickly as I'd hoped (I should've anticipated running into more complexities than I expected wink), but we're still on track and planning to have v1.0 of this integration working and released sometime this fall.

See http://docs.moodle.org/en/Development:SchoolTool_Integration if you're interested in following along.

Since we're using MNET for the integration, any other SIS can also adopt that approach. If you're interested in pursuing that, you might create another section in the above wiki page with "Other SIS considerations WRT MNET integration", or something like that.

Cheers,
Matt