STRANGE behaviour

STRANGE behaviour

by Philippe Decloitre -
Number of replies: 4

Hello,

When I look at the grades after a quiz session I get a grid with all the students' names (so fa so good).

Then, I get a list of question numbers (you'd assume these numbers are the question numbers of the student's quizes.

Alas they are not. when I click on anyone of the grades for one student, they link me to a question which is never the one that corresponds to the same number in the actual quiz.

Ex: Imagine Tom had "what is one plus one?" in question #1 in his quiz, if I click on his grade for question #1 in the grades grid I am linked to a totally diffferent question (say question 14 in the real test). The weirdedst thing is that they are both called #1. the real #1 is called #1 as it appears in the test and the "false #1" is called so in the pop up window in which it appears when I click on the grade.

Can anyone help me sort out this strange behaviou from Moodle, not ordering the questions the same way in its grade book and in the test?

In reply to Philippe Decloitre

Re: STRANGE behaviour

by Elena Ivanova -
Hi Phillippe,
Moodle gradebook does not show results for individual questions, so I guess you are talking about the Results tab in Quiz interface smile
I would check your quiz settings - probably you set Shuffle Questions to Yes. (this is my wild guess that might explain what is going on)

In reply to Elena Ivanova

by Philippe Decloitre -

Hello Elena,

Yes I shuffled the questions and yes I'm talking about the result tab.

So do you know the answer to my questsion:
What is the order in which these question are presented?
Thanks for your help!

In reply to Philippe Decloitre

by Teresa Gibbison -
Hi Philippe
I'm guessing you're veiwing the results as per this screenshot. The questions appear in the order they have been added to the quiz. Check this via the 'Edit' tab on your quiz.
I hope this helps
Cheers
Teresa
Attachment quizQuestionOrder.gif
In reply to Teresa Gibbison

by Philippe Decloitre -

Thank you very much for your help+ (including screenshots is really nice of you).

I now undersatnd that the order in which the questions appear in the grades grid is the order in which I inserted the questions by category and the sub order of appearnce of the question within the test.

This is intellectually interesting but why isn't there a way of ordering the grid in the order the students saw the questions (much easier for regrading)!

Thanks again!