Skip Logic

Skip Logic

by Mike Keyes -
Number of replies: 6
Is there anyway to include skip logic? Such as a yes/no question I may want a student to answer the following question if they answer yes to the but not answer if they choose no. Or if they answer not to skip to some question in advance.

Thanks
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mike Keyes

Re: Skip Logic

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Mike,
This feature (conditional questions) is not (yet) available in the Questionnaire module. It is certainly a desirable feature, which might be added eventually.
Joseph
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Brookmoor Inc. -
Folks,

We are keen on extending the Questionnaire module to support functionality that is similar to what is available in LimeSurvey (skip logic, branching, categories, etc.)

It looks like there is a fair amount of interest in such functionality.

I pored through this forum and it seems like the current architecture of this module is not suited for this (there was one posting by the keepers of this module that said something to that effect).

Can someone explain this in more detail so that we can make a better decision on whether to build something from scratch or whether we can re-architect this module with a little bit of effort to support that functionality.

I'd love to talk to someone about this if possible.

Thanks.

Brookmoor Inc.
moodle@brookmoor.com
In reply to Brookmoor Inc.

by Mike Churchward -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
It would require work for sure... Probably funded work.

There was code to do it before that had been developed with an older version, and was unfortunately not compatible with the upgrade.

If you want to start a spec of what is wanted and what needs to be done, add a request to the tracker and we can start to flesh out the work.

mike
In reply to Brookmoor Inc.

by Bárbara Melo -
Hi
I'd like to add my interest in these features, specially skip and branching.

best regards
Bárbara
In reply to Mike Keyes

by Daniel Denev -

Hi Mike,
I invite you in MoodleBG to taka part in to the discussion:

Logical Structures in Education

The learning scenario is the general name given by me to the logical structures during education process and software applications development used to control access of the student to the learning resources in Moodle and other softwares.

There will be published and implement practical software components

--
Daniel I. Denev
cell 00359 889 369651
tel  00359 619 23355
daniel.i.denev@gmail.com