Chat kicks students out

Chat kicks students out

by Doris Johnson -
Number of replies: 7
I have an instructor that scheduled a chat and it just suddenly closed the chat. When they re-entered the chat, there wasn't any previous chat transcript. Does anyone have an idea why this is happening. Do I need to change the configuration?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Doris Johnson

Re: Chat kicks students out

by greg zobel -

I have this same problem. There are about 16 participants in the chat, and 5 participants were repeatedly booted out of chat.

Any suggestions on where to look? I checked under chat settings, but was unable to find anything which appeared like it would impact whether or not chat users would be booted.

Thanks,

gz

by Cathryn Marsala -

I have been having the same issues with our chat rooms.  Any solution?

In reply to Cathryn Marsala

by Bob Ridge-Stearn -

I'm watching a chat session now between a tutor and his students and one student is constantly getting kicked out.  Any ideas what I should be looking out for?

Bob.

by Roxana Bassi -

Solution: Open one Internet browser at a time

If you open a chat in more than one browser at a time, you may encounter problems such as an echo that repeats every message, spontaneous ejection from chat, or disappearing icons.

can this be it?

In reply to Roxana Bassi

by Jai Lamerton -

I'm experiancing this as well (moodle 2.2.1), some studens being kicked/dropped randomly and sometimes repeatedly.

Also at times it will disconnect of everyone in the chat at the same time.

I can confirm that having only one browser open doesn't fix the issue and occurs with either the ajax or normal chat settings.

Anyone solve this or know where to look?

In reply to Jai Lamerton

by Michel DENIS -

Did you find a solution ? Perhaps using chat deamon method ?

-michel

In reply to Jai Lamerton

by Michel DENIS -

Did you find a solution ? Perhaps using chat deamon method ?

-michel