Creating a Sub Administrator role

Creating a Sub Administrator role

Scott Christy -
Erantzun kopurua: 1

I am setting up Moodle Building Level Administrators (MBLA) for our district.  The role should be a limited set of the admin functions but not full control.  Some of the roles I want them to be able to include:

• create new users
  • set the role for new users or change existing system level roles.
  • have some course privileges (except not be able to see grades or assignment feedback)

I used the Course Creator Role and modified some of the privileges within it.  I have everything working fine, but I can't figure out how to get the "Assign System Roles" feature to appear for the MBLA level role when they log in.  Anybody know what I'm missing?

Puntuazioen batez bestekoa: -
Scott Christy(e)ri erantzunda

Re: Creating a Sub Administrator role

Helen Foster -
Core developers-ren irudia Documentation writers-ren irudia Moodle HQ-ren irudia Particularly helpful Moodlers-ren irudia Plugin developers-ren irudia Testers-ren irudia Translators-ren irudia
Hi Scott,

In addition to allowing the capability moodle/role:assign, have you selected all the roles you'd like the MBLA to be able to assign in the 'Allow role assignments' tab in Administration > Users > Permissions > Define roles? Please see the Allow role assignments documentation for more details.