Creating a Sub Administrator role

Creating a Sub Administrator role

ved Scott Christy -
Antal besvarelser: 1

I am setting up Moodle Building Level Administrators (MBLA) for our district.  The role should be a limited set of the admin functions but not full control.  Some of the roles I want them to be able to include:

• create new users
  • set the role for new users or change existing system level roles.
  • have some course privileges (except not be able to see grades or assignment feedback)

I used the Course Creator Role and modified some of the privileges within it.  I have everything working fine, but I can't figure out how to get the "Assign System Roles" feature to appear for the MBLA level role when they log in.  Anybody know what I'm missing?

Gennemsnitsbedømmelse: -
I svar til Scott Christy

Re: Creating a Sub Administrator role

ved Helen Foster -
Billede af Core developers Billede af Documentation writers Billede af Moodle HQ Billede af Particularly helpful Moodlers Billede af Plugin developers Billede af Testers Billede af Translators
Hi Scott,

In addition to allowing the capability moodle/role:assign, have you selected all the roles you'd like the MBLA to be able to assign in the 'Allow role assignments' tab in Administration > Users > Permissions > Define roles? Please see the Allow role assignments documentation for more details.