DragMath 0.7.8 Install trouble

DragMath 0.7.8 Install trouble

by Danny "Real Deal" DuncanHines -
Number of replies: 4
I have downloaded the newly released DragMath 0.7.8 zip file from SourceForge, but there are no installation instructions. I've thoroughly read all the documentation I could find for the earlier versions (7.7.1, etc.), but none of the methods described in these work. I'm using Moodle 2.0, which may have something to do with it.

So far, I have unarchived the .zip file in the root directory. When I go to Appearance > HTML Editor, I can see the DragMath pi icon under the "Hide Buttons" section (NOT checked, meaning it SHOULD be visible), but when I actually use the HTML editor, the icon is not visible.

Anyway, weird, right? Yes, weird. Anyone have a clue what's going on? Thanky for any help.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Danny "Real Deal" DuncanHines

Re: DragMath 0.7.8 Install trouble

by Jon Witts -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Moodle 2.0 is still in development. I would not expect it to work in all areas at all yet.

Have you tried with Moodle 1.9.5?

-- EDIT --

I have no appearance > HTML editor in my latest test install of Moodle 2.0.. exactly which version of Moodle are you running?

by Marc Grober -
Moodle 2 is not released and uses tiny MCE- the zip file I created supports moodle 1.9.x using htmlarea.

If you had dragmath working with moodle 2 then you would merely gave to replace the the appropriate directory to upgrade, as the dragmath code from STACK remaina self-contained in IRS own folder.

We are working on the integration for moodle 2 but there are some issues to be resolved (though Mauno has dragmath working with tinymce) and I am hopeful that moodle 2 will include dragmath and asciimath both integrated into tiny mce by the end of July.
In reply to Marc Grober

by Danny "Real Deal" DuncanHines -
Thanks for the responses guys.

OK, so I didn't know Moodle 2.0 was still in development. So now I'm using 1.9.5 and DragMath still has the same problem of not showing up in the html editor. I followed the instructions here but I'm not finding them to be accurate.

For instance, in Step 2 it says to download the integration package, which I have done (the file is dragmathformoodle_v0.7.7.1.zip). However, it says to copy dlg_ins_smile.php into the popups directory and this file clearly does not exist within the zip archive. The same goes for em.icon.smile.gif. Also, the instructions say that there will be two files within the zip, but there are quite a few more. Perhaps the zip file is more up to date than the instructions?

Anyway, I have the option of hiding the DragMath icon when I go to Appearance > HTML Editor, although no matter what setting it's on it won't appear in the actual HTML editor.

Any ideas? And again, thatnks for responding.

by Marc Grober -
you were reading from the "talk" page, not from the instructions. If you look at the tabs there you will see the tab for the actual article, and the tab you were on makes some mention that what you were reading is obsolete but kept there for reference purposes.

Go bak to the actual doc and you will see very simple instructions. All you need to do per the instructions is to put the zip file on your moodle root and unzip-then you can fiddle adminlib.php if you like.

How did you end up on the talk page in the first place?