Upload Profile Picture on Internet Explorer and Firefox

Upload Profile Picture on Internet Explorer and Firefox

by Wilson Chow -
Number of replies: 5

Hi folks,

I have a problem to update (change) the profile picture by Internet Explorer 6.  It is okay to upload the first picture without any problem, but it won't change after I uplold the second one.  It keeps showing the first one.  So, I tried to delete and do the upload the second one, but it shows the first one again.  I tried hitting couple refresh on IE, but still showing the first one.

As a result, I tried Firefox to do the upload, very smooth, no problem to show the second one after couple "refresh" hitting.

Then, I went back to IE6, and take a look to the picture.  It's showing the second one there.  I have turned off the cache in IE6 (even I know it's not really turnning off for real), cleared the cache before trying the upload the second one.  It still no good!

Is there anything wrong between IE and the server?

My moodle server setting is:
Linux, Apache 2.0, GD2.0, PHP 4.3.4, MySQL 4.

Please help!

Regards,
Wilson.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Wilson Chow

Re: Upload Profile Picture on Internet Explorer and Firefox

by W. Purnomo -
Exc. me. I want to know where I can upload profile pic. I have already searched, but have not find it out yet. thank's for help.
In reply to W. Purnomo

by Wilson Chow -
After login, click on your name at the top right, then "Edit Profile."  Star using Firefox, no hassle for using Moodle.

Regards,
Wilson.
In reply to Wilson Chow

by W. Purnomo -
I can not find that facility in my moodle 1.3
In reply to Wilson Chow

by Cefn Hoile -
You probably need to do a force refresh - IE doesn't actually refresh properly when you click refresh.

Instead click CTRL + refresh or SHIFT + refresh to force reloading of resources.
In reply to Cefn Hoile

by Wilson Chow -
Hi Cefn,

Thanks, but still no luck to refresh to see the new picture!  I believe there is something from IE didn't send out to "wake up" the server.

Regards,
Wilson.