Forum group mode problem

Forum group mode problem

by Yannick Taylor -
Number of replies: 1
Hi everyone,

I recently deleted the groups from a course because they were showing that the number of members is twice that of the member actually in the groups.

I then did a restore to recreate the groups (I restored only the groups and users by adding data to the course). This resulted in the forum posts that were made under group mode enabled not showing the groups they were made under and users not been able to see their old posts. Given that users have made new posts since I deleted the groups how can I restore the old posts to their groups while keeping the new posts?

Can you anyone help me here with the two issues?

Thanks
Yannick.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Yannick Taylor

Re: Forum group mode problem

by Teresa Gibbison -
Hi Yannick
Do you still require the group mode on the forum? Are the new posts (since you deleted the groups) associated with a group?
If no to both of the above questions I suggest disabling the group mode from the forum.
If you do need to use groups for the forum (It sounds like you're using separate groups, if student's can't see other group's posts) check out the groups overview page to see if the students are in the correct groups.
Also try switching to visible groups to see if the students can see the 'old' posts.
I'm not sure if this helps but it's a start! If it doesn't help - we have in the past hacked the database to alter the group membership for a discussion (but I would only do this as a last resort!)
Cheers
Teresa