A Questionnaire for evaluating a Moodle course

A Questionnaire for evaluating a Moodle course

by Mokhtar Beldjehem -
Number of replies: 2

Hi,

We have many standard evaluation forms for face-to-face courses. We  would like to raise the question and the issue of evaluating  Web issues of a Moodle on ligne course; I am trying to elaborate a Questionnaire for evaluating some Web issues of a Moodle course (not the contents), usability,collaboration issue, motivation issues,  interaction of students with themeselves and with the professsor (at the class as well at the group and individual levels), learning curves, any students' feedbacks . . .and s.o. Is there any one who already built a similar questionnaire and effecticely implemented it in Moodle. I am ready to collaborate with any one interested by this issue. Such issue is of utmost importance to Moodle courswares designers.

Thanks in advance for your collaboration,

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mokhtar Beldjehem

Re: A Questionnaire for evaluating a Moodle course

by Paul Ganderton -
Hi,

I've done a very simple survey with my students on their experience of Moodle. I put in all the basic ideas on useability with a 1-5 scale. They also had an open-ended question so that they could elaborate on any issue. To make it worthwhile it became a graded assignment (the better the response i.e. more considered) the higher the grade. Having gathered the responses I implemented as many as were practicable.

I also have every topic and course with forums and surveys so students are expected to email me with the slightest issue from lost files to design, By making thewm part of the design process they have ownership of their moodle and it should respond to their learning styles (and they can't complain if it doesn't turn out right!!).

Hope this helps,

Paul
In reply to Mokhtar Beldjehem

Re: A Questionnaire for evaluating a Moodle course

by Anthony Borrow -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Mokhtar - There are two activity modules in use in Moodle that for version 1.9 are both contributed code (i.e. not maintained by the core Moodle developers or included as part of the core Moodle code). The feedback module is slated to be included in Moodle 2.0 and has enjoyed a reputation of being simpler to use. The questionnaire module has been around for a while and has a reputation for being a bit more robust or having more features than the feedback module. Both of them are pretty popular. In fact, there is a discussion about how to implement the best of feedback and questionnaire into Moodle 2.0 You may want to try out both of them on a test server and share your experience and impressions. Both feedback and questionnaire should be able to help you get the information you are looking for. Let us know if you have any other questions. Peace - Anthony