Course Category Page

Course Category Page

by Ashish Thukral -
Number of replies: 10

Is it possible to develop an interface for the course category page with a CHECK BOX in front of each category and an ASSIGN ROLES link so we can directly select the whole category than selecting all the courses in a category and assigning roles?

Appreciate any help

Thanks  

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ashish Thukral

Re: Course Category Page

by Hubert Chathi -
In the course category page, there should be a little "Assign Roles" link at the top right that allows you to assign roles to the whole category.
In reply to Hubert Chathi

by Ashish Thukral -

no, there isn't

thanks a lot tho

by Hubert Chathi -
It should be there. Here is what my screen looks like. It's in the page for the category, and not in the main course category page (i.e. go to "Add/Edit Courses", and then click on the category, and then it should be on that page).
Attachment screenshot.jpg
In reply to Hubert Chathi

by Ashish Thukral -

thanks a lot for your help

we are a company called home paramount and we use moodle for new employees training purposes. we have a lot of categories and a lot of courses in each categories, so it takes a lot of time to go to a category then select the courses and assign roles. what we are trying to do is just select the course categories on one page i.e. course category page and assign roles directly that would be very fast and efficient.

thanks again

by Hubert Chathi -
You may also want to look at enrolment plugins, which can automatically assign roles to courses using external data.

by Jon Witts -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Ashish,

What version of Moodle are you running?

Jon
In reply to Jon Witts

by Ashish Thukral -
it's 1.9