YUI menu 1.21 released

YUI menu 1.21 released

by Alan Trick -
Number of replies: 7
Hi,

Yesterday I just committed a significant rewrite of the YUI menu. It now contains a plugin system for adding new items as well as site-wide configuration defaults. I've tested it myself a bunch and it seems to work (at least on Moodle 1.9 with PHP 5). If anyone else tries it out, please let me know what you think.

Also, this is probably going to be the last major update on the YUI menu. I'll be making bug fixes, but that's it. I'm going to start working on a very similar project (navigation tree) for Moodle 2.0 that will be integrated into the core smile
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Alan Trick

Re: YUI menu 1.21 released

by Jenny Gray -
I'm also Moodle 1.9 with PHP5 but I'm having some troubles...

If I go to the block settings screen (or any page which ought to display the block) I get this at the top:

Warning: scandir(/fs2/www/html/jmg324/ou-moodle/blocks/yui_menu/plugin) [function.scandir]: failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /fs2/www/html/jmg324/ou-moodle/blocks/yui_menu/block_yui_menu.php on line 199

Warning: scandir() [function.scandir]: (errno 2): No such file or directory in /fs2/www/html/jmg324/ou-moodle/blocks/yui_menu/block_yui_menu.php on line 199

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /fs2/www/html/jmg324/ou-moodle/blocks/yui_menu/block_yui_menu.php on line 199

And instead of seeing config options, I see a load of language strings in double square brackets but nothing is clickable!
Am I missing something?
In reply to Jenny Gray

by Jenny Gray -
Its alright, I am an idiot - my eclipse didn't synchronise some of the new files.

I am still seeing language strings missing on the block config screen though.

Other than that its working perfectly for me so far.
In reply to Jenny Gray

by Alan Trick -
Funny, I did the exact same thing when updating the files on my demo site. Though I was just the regular cvs command and not eclipse. IMHO cvs can be pretty confusing.
In reply to Jenny Gray

by Alan Trick -
I am still seeing language strings missing on the block config screen though.

Odd. I only added the language strings to the English file (the new ones are the 6 strings under "//global settings"), but that should still work if English is your fallback. Can you check to see if that file is actually there and in order?

In reply to Alan Trick

by Jenny Gray -
> Can you check to see if that file is actually there and in order?

My brain must have been switched right off yesterday blush. Yet another synchronise problem, so I apologise for wasting your time.

As far as I'm concerned the latest updates appear to work perfectly. Thank you for all your efforts with this block, and I look forward to seeing the new core Moodle 2.0 one!
In reply to Alan Trick

by Mark Drechsler -
Hi Alan,

Upgraded (maybe foolishly) by deleting old directory and downloading & adding new directory. Can see the new settings at site level, which is great, but the Overview doesn't seem to be working properly - +/- signs aren't showing, and the function doesn't seem to work - clicking on a topic scrolls to the topic, even though in the settings is it saying it should collapse all other topics. v1.9.5 weekly running on Ubuntu and MySQL if that helps.

Mark.
Attachment YUI_Menu.png
In reply to Mark Drechsler

by Alan Trick -
Woops! I screwed up my commit. I changed the revision to 1.20.1 and by doing so triggered a sticky tagging thing in CVS so it was no longer in HEAD. Since the auto generated packages are pulled from HEAD, that last update was ignored and it was using revision 1.20 which was buggy.

Anyways, I've merged changes back (and also fixed another minor bug in the process). You should be able to download the updated version in a few hours.