English Translation

English Translation

by Menaf Gul -
Number of replies: 5
Hi,
I have been using moodle for a project and the project owners told me that the "enrol" is misspelled. I checked the dictionary and i saw that "enrol" and "enroll" are the same. However, i guess in US people use "enroll" instead of "enrol". Can you suggest whether this is misspelled or why use enrol.

Thanks.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Menaf Gul

Re: English Translation

by Ralf Hilgenstock -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
There is a second english language pack with correct spellings for US-English. Add this as additional language pack in the language administration. Such language packs contain only strings that are used different.

In reply to Menaf Gul

by Larry Johnson -
I updated the moodle to the latest version today, then took the english (US) version and copied this over the files. Now my display has double brackets at many locations. Example course settings , search courses

logedinas, reports and lots of other places.

Did I do the installation in the wrong order, or is this a problem with the language pack?

See attachment

Thanks,

Larry.

PS. We are finally going live in about 2 months and start offering online classes though our college.

Attachment DoubleBrackets.gif
In reply to Larry Johnson

by koen roggemans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators
then took the english (US) version and copied this over the files
Where did you copy those files over? I can't imagine a situation where that is necessary. You just install en_us through the language interface in administration and set that as default language. That's it.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to koen roggemans

by Larry Johnson -
I just downloaded the language pack manually and then ftp it to my site, overwritting the lang files there.

I since, have done it the correct way by the administration language section and now it works correctly.

Thanks,

Larry