Moodle Books/Training

Moodle Books/Training

by William Davis -
Number of replies: 10

Greetings to all who read this: I am a IT Instructor/Teacher, our district has just announced that over the summer break they will be putting Moodle on our web servers. I would like to ask, is there anywhere to purchase really in depth"Moodle for dummies" or something like it for teachers. I am IT and although I can stumble my way through the train-up, having a good "step-by-step" visual guide would really help. The other K-12 teachers will be ringing my phone asking how to make use of Moodle, I would like to be able to put them in the right direction, thanks in advancethoughtful

Average of ratings: -
In reply to William Davis

Re: Moodle Books/Training

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi there. Well, I hesitate to say this (since I wrote it) but there is this one Moodle For Teaching 7-14 Year Olds
Also, that book and others are in the book database on this Moodle here
In reply to Mary Cooch

by sudhakardayal srivastava -
I found two Books (i) Moodle Teaching Techniques and (ii) Moodle 1.9 E-Learning Course Development, both by William H Rice very useful for teaching and COurse Development.
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Paula Clough -

Mary's book Moodle for Teaching 7-14 Year Olds is very helpful.  It leads teachers through the different resources and assignments with real examples used in her class.  Helps my teachers see how it really can work with younger students.

cool

by Bryan Williams -
Using Moodle by Jason Cole and Helen Foster would be a good start. This book was published by O'Rielly Press under Safari, and I think is now available in PDF format for free (could be wrong about that).

by Chris Mattia -
HI William, Last fall I was looking for the same thing when I started consulting for an institution that had just launched Moodle. I put together a custom training course for them and then got contacted by lynda.com to put together a full courses for the Online Training Library. Two courses are now availble, one for Teachers and one for students at the links below. As the author I'd love any feedback you have about the content. Several movies are available for free as well an overview of the title that's posted on YouTube:

Moodle Essential Training for Teachers
http://www.lynda.com/home/DisplayCourse.aspx?lpk2=47547

Moodle Essential Training for Students
http://www.lynda.com/home/DisplayCourse.aspx?lpk2=47544

Cheers,
Chris

disclaimer: author
In reply to Chris Mattia

by E. L. Cooper -
I have trained a bucket load of teachers from 60 year old retirees to very experanced course designers and as much as books are useful I have developed trainign classes for the teachers in moodle. I have the basic demo version at http://www.e-blackboard.org/course/view.php?id=15 If you want to take a look register on the site and PM me. I will gladly wave the penny. It realy is just there to show how paypal payments look and keep spammers out.
In reply to E. L. Cooper

by Pinal Bhatt -
Hi Cooper,

I am really interested for such course. I tried to signup with www.e-blackboard.org, but at time of signup, it failed with following error:

Tried to send you an email but failed!

My user ID : pinalbhatt

Confirmation email not received. Now when i try to login it says "You need to confirm your login".

Please help.

Thanks & Regards
Pinal Bhatt