activities avalilable to groupings in the grade report

Re: activities avalilable to groupings in the grade report

by Deb Burdick-Hinton -
Number of replies: 0
Real bummer that this has still not been resolved. I know it is not an easy fix but really makes using groups with graded work very difficult. I am in a MCCC course right now with groups and the gradebook is a mess and makes it very confusing and frustrating for all of us. I see a HUGE value in using groups but the fact that it does not play nice with the gradebook will mean that I will use it less or just create more separate courses. The reason I was so excited about Groups and Groupings and put in a TON of time setting them up and learning how to use them was to decrease the number of separate courses and get a wider range of students collaborating in one course. I just think it is crazy that you set up group activities that can not be viewed by other groups in the course but then they still show up in the gradebook unless you take the time to manually "exempt" them and who has time for that. I also feel bad for all the moodlers out there that put in a ton of time, effort and energy setting up groups/groupings as I did, only to realize this problem. I wish there could be a big BOLD warning when you set up groups to save folks from wasting so much time.

Oh well....Sorry, just needed to vent. Maybe there has been more progress then I know but just checked in on the tracker post and does not look like it. I do however, appreciate any and all efforts that have been made to correct this. Wish I was a code monkey so I could help smile

If this is an issue you would like to see resolved your vote counts:
http://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-13868

Cheers!