Site policy in multi-languages?

Site policy in multi-languages?

by Ron Levesque -
Number of replies: 3
In theory, should the "span" command work in the site policy file? I've put them there for an English and French site, but the site policy agreement page always loads in English and the text in the policy appears to not recognize the "span". I've also noticed the editing tools don't appear in the editing window... How can I get the text in French for my francophone users?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ron Levesque

Re: Site policy in multi-languages?

by Jeff Forssell -
I haven't used the "pite policy" feature before. I just tried it nowand it seems to just put up a link (which opens in a new window) to the policy page and require that I check a box. I don't know if it checks if you REALLY did click the link.

If the policy is external to Moodle, it doesn't seem to filter it in any way. If there is to be a chance to filter it I would think it would have to be in the /1/ folder of Moodle and that the multilang markup is correct and the multilang filter activated.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Ron Levesque

Re: Site policy in multi-languages?

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
If the multilang filter does not work
  1. fill a bug in the tracker
  2. meanwhile, put the policy text in both English and French into a single document with a links to it at the top of the page.
--mudrd8mz
In reply to Ron Levesque

Svar: Site policy in multi-languages?

by Tormod Aagaard -
Hi,

We've got our site policy in several languages using the multilang-filter, and it works.

The problem seems to be that you need to have a separate span for each paragraph.

I've attached the source code for our page.

You could have a look at how it looks in different languages at our site: http://www.sevonett.no

Tormod