Tim's vacation

Re: Tim's vacation

by Tim Hunt -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
It was a fantastic holiday. I must thank my parents, who were my travelling companions, having come out to visit me, for doing most of the planning. I can't think when I last had three weeks off work. We visited four world heritage sites
all of which are very beautiful and interesting. I found the 'red centre' of this country very beautiful. The only other scenery in know that is as beautiful is the Scottish Highlands - which is very different, but also similar in some ways.

We also took The Ghan (train) from Darwin to Alice Springs and visited the Margaret River area of Western Australia.

Probably the only thing we missed out on was that it was cloudy and showery for the whole time we were at Uluru, so we saw neither a sunset nor a sunrise. However, we did see water trickling down the rock, and we did see all sorts of desert plants, that only come to life and flower after rain, do exactly that. (Having seen them in their dried up state in Alice Springs).

Penny made a good comment in the developers Jabber chat yesterday: "hehe, tim's back (Penny Leach gets lots of forum mails)" wink

Anyway, I have nearly caught up with forums and everything else. I may actually get around to doing some programming today.

Oh, and the appropriate place for this sort of thing is http://moodle.org/course/view.php?id=55, or perhaps my blog, but I am going to be naughty and post off-topic stuff here.