what user data is stored in moodle database

what user data is stored in moodle database

by shane luffman -
Number of replies: 4

hi, can someone help me? what user data is stored in moodle database?

i have concerns regarding the data protection act, what type of data and how is it held on moodle? Is moodle secure? Does moodle keep user data in its database tables or will moodle check the external database and not store user data locally.. please can you give me advice on this as I have to convince Senior managers on Moodle securitythanx shane

Average of ratings: -
In reply to shane luffman

Re: what user data is stored in moodle database

by Zbigniew Fiedorowicz -
These are the fields in the Moodle database user table:
 id 
 auth 
 confirmed 
 deleted 
 username 
 password 
 idnumber 
 firstname 
 lastname 
 email 
 emailstop 
 phone2 
 institution 
 department 
 address 
 city 
 country 
 lang 
 timezone 
 firstaccess 
 lastaccess 
 lastlogin 
 currentlogin 
 lastIP 
 secret 
 picture 
 url 
 description 
 mailformat 
 maildigest 
 maildisplay 
 htmleditor 
 autosubscribe 
 timemodified 

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Zbigniew Fiedorowicz

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Your database and web setup is probably the biggest source of potential vulnerabilities. Because Linux, MySQL and PHP are widely deployed they have been a significant target for security investigation. Thus at the trivial level I suspect there will be sites that have various well known defaults unchanged.

However, would I be reading between the lines correctly if I assumed that this is the kind of concern expressed by those in management who are nervous of new systems, rather than a concern for the actual technology in use?
In reply to Marcus Green

by shane luffman -
hi thanks for the reply, new systems allways make people nervous, however thats not the case here, more over its a case of licensing under the Data Protection Act.  We need to access the vulnerabilities of moodle.  Connecting moodle to our central enrolment system is the aim, i need to now how this effects us under the DPA. anyone have any ideas on this issue?
In reply to Marcus Green

by Anna Etincelles -

Hey,

May I know where can I retrieve the database?

Thank you.