Breaking backup into bits

Breaking backup into bits

by Mary Cooch -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
I'm want to backup and restore a very large course including users and their work . However, it keeps timing out on me because it is so big. A large part of this is the students' assignments in moddata. If I were to backup and restore everything else - and then to backup and restore the moddata folder a bit at a time - would everything link together properly as it should? Or not?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mary Cooch

Re: Breaking backup into bits - experimentalsplitrestore

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Mary,

How about enabling a new feature in Moodle 1.9.5 - experimentalsplitrestore in Administration > Miscellaneous > Experimental. Please see tracker issue MDL-18468 for more details. As always, feedback would be appreciated. wink
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Helen Foster

Re: Breaking backup into bits - experimentalsplitrestore

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Oh - thanks for this Helen! Have just done that and will give it another go smile