Quizport installation problem on Windows

Quizport installation problem on Windows

autor Glenys Hanson -
Počet odpovedí: 8
HI Gordon,

I was all set to try out the latest version of QuizPort (downloaded today) but I can't manage to install it on my local version of Moodle on Windows XP. I was able to install previous versions of Quizport on my PC with no problem.

It (the exact same version of QuizPort) works OK though on my Mac OS X.

I've tried several times on my PC and each time when I click on Notifications I hear the computer trying to do something but I never see the usual page saying everything has been installed correctly.

When I try to open a previously existing QuizPort I get this error message:

"Warning: require_once(view_pagelib.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\Program Files\Moodle1.9.5\MoodleWindowsInstaller-latest-19\server\moodle\mod\quizport\view.php on line 17

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'view_pagelib.php' (include_path='.;C:\Program Files\Moodle1.9.5\MoodleWindowsInstaller-latest-19\server\php\pear\') in C:\Program Files\Moodle1.9.5\MoodleWindowsInstaller-latest-19\server\moodle\mod\quizport\view.php on line 17"

If I try to create a new QuizPort I get a blank page in my browser under the toolbar and this in the address field:

http://localhost/course/modedit.php?add=quizport&type=&course=2&section=0&return=0

I'm on Windows XP, SP3 with Moodle 1.5.9 5 (Build 20090520)

I tried installing a different plugin for Moodle and that worked no problem.

Any ideas? Does anyone else have this problem?

Cheers,
Glenys
Priemer hodnotení : -
V odpovedi na Glenys Hanson

Re: Quizport installation problem on Windows

autor Gordon Bateson -
Obrázok: Core developers Obrázok: Peer reviewers Obrázok: Plugin developers
Hi Glenys,
it looks to be as though you have unzipped without overwriting the old QuizPort files. "view.php" should not be looking for "view_pagelib.php" because there is no "view_pagelib.php" any more.

Therefore, I think you can fix the errors messages, if you remove completely the QuizPort folder and then unzip again.

hope that works, but if it doesn't I have another idea, so please let me know how you get on.

good luck!
Gordon
V odpovedi na Gordon Bateson

Re: QuizPort installation problem on Windows

autor Glenys Hanson -
Hi Gordon,

I'd already tried that. Rebooting without QuizPort, emptying the cache, unchecking and rechecking the options in Adminstration > Modules > Activities > QuizPort ...

I tried to remove the old QuizPort exercise but I can't do so completely. The "empty" QuizPorts that I described earlier keep reappearing - see the screenshot below. You'll notice that QuizPort does not appear among the Activities, but the icons are there and when clicked on, get the error message above.

So do give me some other ideas.

Cheers,
Glenys
Príloha 01-06-2009_09-40-11.png

autor Gordon Bateson -
Glenys,
please could you unzip yor zip file, somewhere away from your http document root and tell me what you see inside the quizport/version.php file. Also, is there a file at quizport/pagelib.php?

Also, is there any way that I can get access to your machine. I love setting up QuizPort on Windows Úsmev

thanks
Gordon

autor Glenys Hanson -
Hi Gordon,

I downloaded a completely new version of QuizPort and I see a quizport\legacy\lib\pagelib.php as in the screenshot below. I don't see one at quizport/pagelib.php - I tried copying one there to see what that did, but it didn't solve anything.

This is what I see inside the quizport/version.php file:

<?php // $Id$

// Code fragment to define the version of quizport
// called by moodle_needs_upgrading() and /admin/index.php

$module->version = 2008033123; // release date of this version
$module->release = 'v0.9.23'; // human-friendly version name (used in mod/quizport/lib.php)
$module->requires = 2003052900; // Requires this Moodle version (1.0.9)
$module->cron = 60; // period for cron to check this module (secs)
?>

I turned on the debugger and got these messages for each of the empty QuizPorts:

Notice: Undefined index: 854 in C:\Program Files\Moodle1.9.5\MoodleWindowsInstaller-latest-19\server\moodle\course\lib.php on line 1394

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in C:\Program Files\Moodle1.9.5\MoodleWindowsInstaller-latest-19\server\moodle\course\lib.php on line 1394

Notice: Undefined index: 855 in C:\Program Files\Moodle1.9.5\MoodleWindowsInstaller-latest-19\server\moodle\course\lib.php on line 1394

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in C:\Program Files\Moodle1.9.5\MoodleWindowsInstaller-latest-19\server\moodle\course\lib.php on line 1394

I'd be very happy to give you access to my computer but I don't know how it's done. I'll try and find out.

Cheers,
Glenys
Príloha 01-06-2009_13-52-47.png

autor Gordon Bateson -

Thanks Glenys,
thanks for checking that. the files all seem OK.

Please see if it possible to activate Windows Remote Assistance on your PC then send me an invitation (gordon at-sign kanazawa hyphen gu dot ac dot jp) and I will come on over Úsmev

regards
Gordon

autor Glenys Hanson -
Hi Gordon,

I sent you an invitation yesterday but inadvertently expired it. So I've sent you another one. Please let me know if you haven't received it. I don't want to hassle you - I'm just not sure I've done things right.

Cheers,
Glenys

autor Gordon Bateson -
Dear Glenys,
thanks for the invites. I have received them both.
I'll contact you privately about how we might continue.
all the best
Gordon

autor Gordon Bateson -
Hi Glenys,
thanks for letting me access your computer so we could investigate together. Although we couldn't identify exactly the cause of the problem while I was there, we were able to determine that your Apache was not accessing the files that we thought it should be. I think it is likely that as a result of installing several one-click installs of Moodle4Windows, Apache was not using latest version as the source of its Moodle scripts.

It was good to hear that after I left you were able to remove the old versions of Moodle, install a fresh version of Moodle and then add QuizPort to it without problems.

I hope you enjoy using QuizPort and I look forward to hearing your questions, comments and suggestions.

all the best
Gordon