MCH embedded cloze questions with mutlple answers allowed?

MCH embedded cloze questions with mutlple answers allowed?

by Dave Murray -
Number of replies: 4

I'm currently using version 1.9.4+.

Can anyone tell me if it's possible to write multi-choice horizontal questions with multiple answers allowed?

I'd like say five possible answers, four of which are correct and one is wrong. I know this is possible with (non-embedded) multiple choice questions, but the embedded version would be ideal for what I need.

I tried using this...

Question text. {4:MCH:=%25%correct answer~=%25%correct answer~wrong answer~=%25%correct answer~=%25%correct answer}

...but it obviously didn't work.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Dave

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dave Murray

Re: MCH embedded cloze questions with mutlple answers allowed?

by Jeff Forssell -
Why would the embedded type be preferable?

BTW your marking scheme would give 100% if someone answered with all 5.
Usually one puts a -100% to stop that.

In reply to Jeff Forssell

by Dave Murray -

Thanks for the response Jeff.

Why would the embedded type be preferable?

It's only a minor consideration, but I wanted to make a quiz that mirrors the format of exercises in the textbook that we are using for an ESL class. In the book, there are some listening questions where one question will have five sub-questions gouped together.
The embedded type would have preserved the numbering of the questions on the Web page better than the other multiple answer format.   

BTW your marking scheme would give 100% if someone answered with all 5.
Usually one puts a -100% to stop that.

I hadn't realised that. Thanks again.

In reply to Dave Murray

by Pierre Pichet -
The actual code only allows the single multichoice with one value set to 100%. i.e. one that can be solved using a single select element. The other displays (vertical or horizontal) has been added for convenience.
Coding a multi answer multichoice inside an already multi answer question ( cloze) will necessitate important code changes to Moodle question code.
So the answer is no, sorry.

Pierre

In reply to Pierre Pichet

by Dave Murray -

Hi Pierre and thanks for the response.

Using the non-embedded multi-choice will be no problem. I just wanted to confirm what the options were before going ahead and making the quiz.

Allow me to mention also, that the work (all of) you (guys) do here is truly awesome. I just run a one-man Moodle, but my 500+ students and I reap the benefits every day.

Thanks again.

Dave