How to Stop anyone from accessing web material uploaded in Moodle?

Re: How to Stop anyone from accessing web material uploaded in Moodle?

by Darcy Parker -
Number of replies: 0
Good day,

Noob Question: I am in the same type of boat here. I have an unlimited hosted server at godaddy. I installed moodle and I am using the fishbowl theme.

I have one course with 24 topics, each topic will be a Video that I want to put on the same server but I don't know which directory that I need to upload the videos in. I am using sftp to move the videos from my computer to the server.

I added an html resource to the topic with the following code

<h1>Test Video - Pain Managment</h1>
<p>Here you will find some information related to the subject video to be reviewed prior to watching the video</p>

<h3>Example Video in mpeg 4 format</h3>
<p>Below you see a simple embedded example of the sample video. </p>

<!-- START OF THE PLAYER EMBEDDING TO COPY-PASTE -->

<script type="text/javascript" src="swfobject.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
swfobject.registerObject("player","9.0.98","expressInstall.swf");
</script>

<object id="player" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" name="player" width="328" height="200">
<param name="movie" value="player-viral.swf" />
<param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" />
<param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" />
<param name="flashvars" value="file=PAIN_MANAGEMENT_PREVIEW.mp4&image=pain_management.JPG" />
<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="player-viral.swf" width="720" height="480">
<param name="movie" value="player-viral.swf" />
<param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" />
<param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" />
<param name="flashvars" value="file=PAIN_MANAGEMENT_PREVIEW.mp4&image=pain_management.JPG" />
<p><a href="http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer">Get Flash</a> to see this player.</p>
</object>
</object>

<!-- END OF THE PLAYER EMBEDDING -->

<h3>Post Video Material</h3>
<p>Here we add the post video information and link to the exam</p>

I will be using the same player for all videos, I don't want the videos available to anyone not enrolled in the course

Where do I put (upload) the scripts and videos for each topic and what would my scr= be?

Darcy