Can the 'Reports' option be made available to all teachers?

Can the 'Reports' option be made available to all teachers?

by David Connolly -
Number of replies: 4

Hi!

I've tried without success to find information about how to make the 'Reports' option in the Admin menu available to teachers who don't have editing privileges.

Can this be done?

Cheers,

David

Average of ratings: -
In reply to David Connolly

Re: Can the 'Reports' option be made available to all teachers?

by Matt Campbell -
Is this for courses, or for the site?

If it's for courses, there is a section in your permissions called 'Course Reports' that should have everything you need. You'll also want to check moodle/site:viewreports, which is found under the Course section - this is what gives them access to the link in the admin menu. For all of those you want them to have access to, the capability should be set to allow.

Site level is a bit different - there are some capabilities listed under the 'Reports' section, but report capabilities can also be set in the settings.php file. Contrib reports especially may be set to different capabilities (for example, I've got a message log report that requires moodle/site:readallmessages). This type of access should be set at the site - but since you don't want all your non-editing teachers to have their usual rights at the site context, you want to create a role with JUST that capability and then assign that at the site level.

Thanks,
Matt
In reply to Matt Campbell

by David Connolly -

Many thanks, Matt.

This is just for one site. I've attached a screenshot of the menu I have, and it doesn't look as if there's anything in there that will allow me to select which items on the admin menu my tutors can access.

I don't know how find and access moodle/site:viewreports, the settings.php file or moodle/site:readallmessages.

But thanks anyway.

David

Attachment AdminMenu.jpg
In reply to David Connolly

by Matt Campbell -
This definitely looks like an older version of Moodle, before roles and really even before reports. If you go to http://YOURSITE/admin/index.php, does it tell you what version you are using?

Thanks,
Matt
In reply to Matt Campbell

by David Connolly -

Thanks for the link. According to the info at the bottom of the page, it's version 1.6.9 (2006050590).

All I want to do is make the 'Reports' option that appears in the Admin's menu (see attachment) available in the Tutor's menu - without having to give them the other admin options.

Cheers,

David

Attachment Views.JPG