Admin Block Missing

Re: Admin Block Missing

by corey seifeeth -
Number of replies: 1

Help! I had my admin Block disappear, I have been trying every fix on can find online for the last two days and nothing works. I have tried almost everything in this forum except reinstalling Moodle, I don't want to lose all my work so I don't want to reinstall. When I go to the administrative Block page it shows the administration as visible and unprotect. so it should be an option on the add a block, but it is not. I have tried creating new course hoping it would show, no luck. I uninstalled the newest plug in I added and still nothing. I tried changing the theme. I have even try just checking every page I go on to see if it is in the add a block menu. Honestly have no idea why hoping someone has a different fix not listed here. Here is my manage block page, as you can see its showing as visible and unprotected yet still not listed on the add a block.

In reply to corey seifeeth

Re: Admin Block Missing

by Mister Cellophane -

The only way I found to get out of this was by going on the database:

mysql> select * from mdl_block_instances where blockname='settings';
+----+-----------+---+------------------+
| id | blockname |...| pagetypepattern |
|  5 | settings  |...| mod-scorm-*     |
mysql> update mdl_block_instances set pagetypepattern='*' where blockname='settings';

The user that made the change had the intent of hiding the block on a scorm module. In my book, this is a bug.