Final shameless plug for MoodleMoot Oklahoma

Final shameless plug for MoodleMoot Oklahoma

by Matt Campbell -
Number of replies: 1
We are just a few weeks away from MoodleMoot Oklahoma, and I thought I'd give everyone a status update:

We have filled up all available slots for our pre-moot training and have a full slate of presentations for the moot. We are taking registrations for the moot through the end of May - I'll close first thing when I get to work on 6/1.

Our presenters include:

Martin Dougiamas (via video)
Helen Foster (live and in person!)

Some Particularly Helpful Moodlers, including:

Anthony Borrow
Sharon Goodson
Patrick Malley
Jonathon Moore
A.T. Wyatt
Matt Campbell (self-proclaimed winner of the Ugliest Presenter for MoodleMoot Oklahoma 2008 Award)

We'll also have presenters from two Moodle Partners:

HRDNZ
Remote-Learner

Just as last year, we'll make most of the presentations available to everyone a few days after the moot, but I really hope to see you there!

Thanks,
Matt
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Matt Campbell

Re: Final shameless plug for MoodleMoot Oklahoma

by Matt Campbell -
Well, MoodleMoot Oklahoma is now done and I've gotten evaluations in and sent to presenters. I've opened up the courses to guests, so feel free to come and check out some of what we did. I'm still cleaning up a bit and have some notes to do here and there, that sort of thing, but it's ready for all of you to come look.

We had a lot of fun and hopefully we learned a thing or two that we'll be able to retain and apply to our Moodle sites and courses!

I'm quite pleased to say that we ended up with four Moodle partners at the moot - HRDNZ, Remote-Learner, Moodlerooms, and New School Learning. Between partners and several PHMs and some of our local talent, we had quite a bit of expertise and it really attributed to a successful moot.

One of the areas I think we need to work on for next year is the technical track - love to see some actual code, so if you're a developer, drop me a line for next year and let's see how to get you out to Oklahoma!

I'm sure Oklahoma was a unique experience for a few of our guests, particularly Helen Foster (coming from Belgium!), and Stuart Mealor and Haidee Foxwell (coming from New Zealand!). I look forward to seeing them again, and hope to get more Moodlers from outside the states.

And I am quite honored to say that I am once again the winner of the Ugliest Presenter at MoodleMoot Oklahoma Award!

Thanks,
Matt
Average of ratings: Useful (1)