Attendence linked to online course enrollment

Attendence linked to online course enrollment

by Dustin Elliott -
Number of replies: 1
Let me start off by explaining the situation.

We use Moodle to train technicians around the world but one state requires us to provide face-to-face classes for the technician's first training. After they have taken the face-to-face class they are able to renew their training by taking a course online. (Our training certificates expire every 2 years)

The problem is setting up a course just for that particular state that has enrollment limited to those technicians that have already taken a face-to-face class.

Some changes would probably need to be made to the core Moodle files as well as the face-to-face code but I would love to have the face-to-face attendence be linked to the online course enrolment somehow.

I don't want to have them automatically enrolled in the online course after they attend the face-to-face so the current external enrollment modules won't work for me.

When a students attempts to enroll in the online course I would like to have moodle check to verify they have already taken the related face-to-face class, if they have they are enrolled, if they haven't they are told they need to take the face-to-face class first.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dustin Elliott

Re: Attendence linked to online course enrollment

by François Marier -
Hi Dustin,

It sounds like the cleanest solution would be to write a new "Face-to-face" enrolment plugin based on the manual enrolment plugin.

It would do what the manual enrolment plugin those, except that it would have a extra check and verify that you have a grade of 100 in the "linked" Face-to-face activity.

In the settings to that enrolment plugin, you could let admins map courses to the Face-to-face activities they need to check against.

Cheers,
Francois