Wiki error: No entries have been created for this wiki

Wiki error: No entries have been created for this wiki

by Jim Proctor -
Number of replies: 6
I get the above error when building a test Wiki on one of my Moodle sites (the one I don't personally maintain), though on the site I maintain I can build a Wiki fine. Both are running 1.4 (2004083100). Ideas?

Thanks,

Jim P.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jim Proctor

Re: Wiki error: No entries have been created for this wiki

by Mike Churchward -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
That message means that the wiki you are trying to access has not been created, and you don't have the privileges to create it.

For example, if it is a 'teacher' wiki, and you are a student, and it hasn't been created, you will see this.

If you are an editing teacher or an administrator, there may be a drop-down box that lets you select other wikis for student or group wikis.

mike
In reply to Mike Churchward

by Jim Proctor -
Thanks. Well, I have admin status on the Moodle site I mentioned, and I am the one who created the wiki! I tried creating teacher/groups/student types, to no avail.

Just tried creating a wiki again, and got "Could not add a new instance of wiki" error, which is different than I experienced yesterday. Further ideas?

Regards,

Jim P.
In reply to Jim Proctor

by Mike Churchward -
That's an actual error adding the record to the data table. Are you having any other database problems that you notice?

Are you able to check your data tables to see if the wiki stuff is there?

mike

by Jeffery Watkins -
I am having the same problem as Admin on my site.

1. Can create any type of wiki
  2. Cannot edit it as Site Admin even if I am a registered Teacher or Student in that class.
  3. But, if I create a student wiki, I can edit that when I am in my test student account (non-admin)
Any ideas?  Bug or not a bug?

Jeff
In reply to Jeffery Watkins

by Mike Churchward -
You should see a display like the one attached. In this example, I'm accessing a student wiki as an administrator/teacher. I see 'no entries have been created...' because there hasn't been any created yet and I haven't selected a student. If I use the (circled) drop-down, I can select a student and then I will be able to edit the wiki.

If there are no students in the course (or no groups for a group wiki with a groups mode enabled), the drop-down won't be there because there's nothing to display.

Is this any of your problem?

mike
Attachment wiki.jpg

by Françoise Blin -
I had a similar problem with the teacher wiki until I realised that I had forgotten to change the group icon to no groups...

Françoise